It’s snowing like CRAZY here today! But luckily, the little one and I are enjoying a little baking warm inside.
I’m baking up some treats for her second birthday party this Saturday! We’re having a tea party, but here’s the catch: To accommodate the food sensitivities of some of our honored guests, I’m challenged with coming up with a menu that is dairy-free, egg-free, peanut-free, and gluten free. Here’s what I’ve come up with:
- fresh fruit salad
- fresh vegetables with hummus
- almond butter and jelly tea sandwiches (on GF bread)
- vegan cream cheese and cucumber tea sandwiches
- ham and vegan butter tea sandwiches
- vegan strawberry rhubarb mini muffins (adapted from this recipe with GF flour)
- mini vegan chocolate chip scones
- vegan, GF chocolate cupcakes with vegan strawberry buttercream frosting and sugared violets (a friend is going to try to make some vegan sugared violets with flax instead of egg whites)
- strawberry lemonade
- blueberry green iced tea
I think that sounds pretty good, don’t you? 🙂
We’ll be dressing up and painting names on teacups as well. Don’t worry! I’ll have pictures!
2 thoughts on “Vegan, Gluten-Free Tea Party Menu”
Hi, I am having to do this for my LO’s birthday as well, wondering if you would be able to share the recipes, thank you in advance!
Hey Sushma — this was like 5 years ago, but I’m pretty sure I used a GF cake mix with egg replacer. I can’t remember what I did for the scones, but probably just found an egg-free scone recipe and used shortening or vegan butter instead of regular butter.