I first tasted this salsa verde after buying a “salsa bag” from Berry Patch Farms in Brighton, CO. After I made it and tasted how amazing it was, I ripped the recipe off the bag—only to realize that it didn’t indicate quantities, because you’re just supposed to use what’s in the bag. I had to wait a whole year to buy another bag and weigh and measure the ingredients to complete the recipe.
And it was so worth the wait!
I got this recipe from Berry Patch Farms in Brighton, CO attached to their brilliant "salsa bags" that come with everything you need to make amazing fresh salsa!
- 1.5 lbs tomatillos, peeled, washed, and quartered
- 2 small yellow onions, quartered
- 6–12 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 serrano chile, stem removed
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
- Put all ingredients in food processor and pulse until semi-liquid. Keep refrigerated or freeze. (This recipe doesn't can well; the flavor changes.)
Using 1 whole serrano chile will make this mild to medium in heat. Adjust to your taste.
3 thoughts on “The Best Salsa Verde Recipe EVER”