Whew! I just did my first EVER Google+ Hangout on Air! And it was super easy. Fun times! I can see myself using this more in the near future…
This salad is SO fresh and flavorful, and it’s gluten free (as long as you use GF soy sauce and fish sauce). Get the recipe below!
|Thai Caramelized Pork Salad||
- 1/4 C soy sauce
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 small red Thai chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1 T minced ginger
- 2 T fish sauce
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 1 pound boneless pork chops, cut into thin strips
- 4 C mixed salad greens
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 C basil leaves
- 1/4 C mint leaves
- 1/2 C cilantro leaves
- Heat a deep skillet over medium heat and add soy sauce, sugar, chiles, ginger, fish sauce, lime juice and zest, and five spice powder. Cook, stirring, for 4–5 minutes, until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add the pork and cook approximately 4 minutes, or until pork is just cooked. Try not to overcook the pork. Remove pork from the pan and allow to cool while simmering pan juices until thickened.
- Assemble the salad ingredients. Top the salad with the pork and then drizzle over the pan juices to dress the salad. Serve immediately.
For gluten-free, be sure to use GF soy sauce and fish sauce.