Make Your Own Hummus (and Make It Your Own)
- 1 15oz can Chickpeas/Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1/2-1 whole Lemon
- 2-4 Tablespoons Tahini
- 0-2 cloves of Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pile all the ingredients into a food processor.
- Process until very smooth.
- Taste and assess - add more lemon juice? Add more salt/pepper? Add more tahini? Make it taste like you like! Consistency too can be adjusted - you may need to add some water, tahini, or lemon juice to make your hummus as thick, thin, or fluffy as you like it.
- Think about other add-ins for next time - one or 5 leaves a spinach could be added and go unnoticed, or try a whole handful! Try adding different herbs, vegetables, and even switching out the Garbanzos for a different kind of bean - online you'll find 1001 different iterations of hummus that feature beets, edamame, cauliflower, roasted red peppers, spinach, avocado, fava beans, butternut squash, black beans , white beans, lentils, carrots, and even sweet potatoes.
Copyright Laughing Lemon Pie, LLC unless otherwise noted.
2 thoughts on “Make Your Own Hummus (and Make It Your Own)”