This nectarine jam has a very rich taste with just a hint of lavender. (And it’s PERFECT as the filling for a delicious vanilla layer cake!)
Nectarine Jam with Lavender
- 3 pounds nectarines, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3 T dried lavender flowers
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 T Pomona's Universal Pectin Powder
- Bring the peaches, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup of the sugar to a boil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, steep the lavender blossoms in the boiling water for 20 minutes. Strain and add the lavender water to the nectarines. Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blend until smooth, either with an immersion blender or in batches in a standing blender or food processor. Return to the pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar and the pectin powder. Add to the nectarine mixture and simmer for 20 minutes, or until thickened and jammy. Skim any foam.
- Ladle into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Process for 10 minutes (or 15 minutes at altitude).
Copyright Laughing Lemon Pie, LLC unless otherwise noted.
Supplies used in this recipe:
Ball® Half Pint (8-oz.) Quilted Crystal Jelly Jars, Set of 12
Ball® 6-pc. Canning Discovery ™ Kit
Cuisinart Smart Stick Immersion Hand Blender with Attachments