Wow, this stuff is good. And pretty healthy, too! It tastes like spinach artichoke dip—with the added goodness of chicken and pasta! Grab a spoon and dive right in.
Delicious casserole that tastes like spinach artichoke dip—but healthier!
- 12 ounces short whole wheat pasta
- 1 T olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 cups fat-free Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 T low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 bunch kale, finely chopped (or use 1 package frozen chopped kale)
- 1 can (13.5 oz) artichoke hearts in brine, rinsed, squeezed of excess moisture and chopped
- 1–2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar, mozzerella, or blend of cheeses
- Heat oven to 425.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet and add chopped kale. Cook until just beginning to wilt, then add minced garlic and onion powder. Continue cooking until kale is wilted. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix well. Add cooked kale, artichokes, and chicken and mix to combine.
- When pasta is cooked, drain well and add to yogurt mixture, stirring well to coat.
- Spray an 8 x 8 casserole dish with spray oil. Pour pasta mixture into prepared dish and top with shredded cheeses.
- Bake until edges are bubbly and cheese begins to brown. If necessary, run under the broiler for a few seconds to get a nice brown crust on top.
Copyright Laughing Lemon Pie, LLC unless otherwise noted.