Granny’s Corn Bread
This is my Southern grandmother's corn bread recipe, and the only thing that tastes like "real" corn bread to me!
- 1 cup white corn meal mix (like Martha White's)
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375. Generously grease a round cake pan.
- Mix salt and corn meal mix together.
- Add buttermilk and mix well. Then add oil and mix until combined.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until bread is set and edges are golden brown. Allow to cool 5 minutes before removing from pan.
Copyright Laughing Lemon Pie, LLC unless otherwise noted.
One thought on “Granny’s Corn Bread”