What I’ve been eating:
• Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal: needs more salt next time, but otherwise, delish!
• A fantastic olive oil-inspired meal at Ototo Food and Wine in Denver.
• A world-famous cinnamon roll (above) from Johnson’s Corner (and the chicken fried steak dinner—not pictured!).
What I’ve been reading:
• The Brits have solved the obesity crisis! Via Mark Bittman.
• Michael Pollan is releasing an illustrated version of Food Rules with 19 new rules.
• I’ve only tried the baked oatmeal from this blog so far, but I want to try it all! Chocolate Covered Katie• Would you buy fruit with a sticker that turned into fruit wash?
• Don’t forget, Hank Shaw will be at The Pinyon Saturday afternoon from 4:30 to 6, and at a reservations-only dinner and book signing at Black Cat on Tuesday.
• This Sunday, Terroir in Longmont hosts their second-annual Pumpkin Dinner paired with wines from North Central Spain. Tickets are $55. Call 303.651.0630 for reservations.
• Local Table Tours has added cocktail tours in Denver! The first one is Nov. 5. Get your tickets on the website!
• L’Atelier presents a California Wine Dinner on Wednesday, Nov. 2 at 6:30pm. Tickets are $59 and reservations are required. You can check out the menu here (pdf file).
• Izakaya Den is hosting a sake pairing event with Asabiraki Sake Brewing on Nov. 1. The pairing stations will feature hors d’oeuvres from Izakaya Den, Sushi Den and OTOTO , and an exclusive sake seminar will take place before for the first 60 guests. Tickets are $45 in advance and $50 at the door. Call 303.777.0691 for tickets.